I love making cute Easter treats. The kind that make the dessert table more adorable! These Bunny Paw Easter Cookies are one example that make the holiday fun!
Kids love to get in on the action of making these bunny paw cookies. They are homemade and easy to make. They aren’t difficult to decorate either!
This recipe yields about 18 Easter treats, and Amazon affiliate links are included below.
Bunny Paws Easter Treats
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter – softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Wilton white sparkling sugar sprinkles
- Wilton egg shaped cookie cutter
- Wilton pink and purple chocolate melts
- Wilton pink decorating icing pouch
- Betty Crocker purple decorating icing pouch
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie/baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk to evenly distribute. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
5. One at a time, add the eggs (continue on medium speed) and mix until well combined. Mix in the vanilla extract.
6. On low speed, add 1/4 of the dry ingredients and mix until well distributed. Continue to add flour, 1/4 cup at a time until all is mixed in and combined. Be sure to use a spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl to get all the flour mixed in.
7. Sprinkle some flour on a hard surface or cutting board and on your hands. Place some of the dough on the hard surface and press down with your hands (or use a roller) to make it about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Using the egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out egg shapes from the dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
9. Sprinkle each cookie with sparkling white sugar crystals.
10. Bake in 350° preheated oven for exactly 10 minutes (any longer and they will turn brown).
11. Let cookies cool in pan for one minute. While still warm, press a large Wilton colored chocolate melt into each cookie on the smaller end of the egg shape.
12. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
13. Once cooled, pipe icing to make 3 dots on the larger end of each cookie for the toes.
14. Enjoy your cute Easter treats!!