This baby’s first Halloween post was sponsored by P&G. All opinions are mine!
We are getting ready to celebrate Dawson’s first Halloween around here! I cannot wait to see what my little puppy dog looks like on the big day. It’s different from Sawyer’s first, as Baby D will be 10 months old on the holidays — versus 1 month old like Sawyer was on his first.
Still, some of the baby’s first Halloween tips still apply if you little one is under a year old. You want the celebrations to be fun, but just remember your baby is tiny and can’t fully experience the spooky entertainment for another year or two!
4 Tips for Celebrating Baby’s First Halloween
1. Don’t overdo the costume. You want your baby to be cute on Halloween, but don’t forget that he wants to be comfortable. Forego costumes with too many parts or that take forever to put on. Also, limit the makeup you put on your little one. You don’t want her sensitive skin getting all irritated.
2. Take lots of pictures. All baby’s firsts are a special time you want to remember! Halloween calls for so many cute photo opps — babies laying in leaves, costume snapshots, and even the adorable baby inside a large pumpkin.
3. Have a fun Halloween playdate! Gather up some babies close in age to yours and make it a party. Serve pureed foods with fun and spooky names: think “Black Cat Carrots” and “Goblin Green Beans.” Letting the babies socialize is also a great way for you to get some adult conversation in.
4. Find fun Halloween events to attend. To get the most use out of your little one’s costume, find different places to wear it. Depending on your baby’s age, you may or may not decide to take him trick-or-treating. However, there’s still plenty of reason to dress up! Visit fall festivals, hand out candy at home, or just visit with family to show off the cute little costume.
Babies R Us Baby’s First Halloween Event
Babies R Us wants to help you celebrate your baby’s first Halloween with a fun event! On Saturday, October 18 at 10:00am, all Babies R Us stores will be hosting lots of fun for moms with babies! The events will include:
- Craft time where you and your baby can design a personal trick-or-treat bag
- A parade around the store where you and your baby can show of your Halloween costumes
- Halloween story time where you can sit with other moms and babies and listen to a story from Highlights magazine
If you haven’t already, you can get your little one a cute first Halloween costume while at the store! Along with the activities, you can also take advantage of great Babies R Us deals, such as:
- Get a FREE $10 Gift Card when you buy any two Pampers super packs of diapers (to ensure a leak-proof Halloween!).
- Plus buy any Pampers value box of wipes for only $19.99. (REG $23.99)
Enter to win a fun Halloween Prize Pack from P&G and Babies R Us which includes the following:
- $75 Gift Card to Babies R Us
- Pampers Wipes
- Highlights Magazine 1-Year Subscription
- Highlights Book
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Tote Bag