Is it already that time of year again? Time to look back on the year, reflect on the goals you set for it – and then set new goals for the next year. I guess it is! It’s crazy how fast this year has flown. Getting pregnant and waiting/preparing for a baby will do that to you!
Okay, first, I want to take a look at how well I did on 2013’s blogging goals. I think I took care of #1, #2, #4, and #5 quite well. Scheduling my time was still an issue for me, but I plan to work on that again in 2014!
This year, I want to set blogging as well as personal goals. Pregnancy really threw off a lot of the personal goals I had for 2013, but I will be back on track in the new year.
Blogging Goals for 2014
1. Better photography. At the beginning of 2013, I purchased a Canon SLR camera – with a goal to learn how to take great photographs. I picked up tips here and there, but I still need to up my game. In 2014, I want to take at least two online photography courses (one is already purchased and waiting on me) and practice a lot more with my camera.
2. More recipes and crafts. The kiddo is getting older so I want us to start doing more crafts that I can share on the blog. Also, with my hubby and I going on a healthy kick come January, there will be new recipes that I want to post on here.
3. Put in more time for my blogging blog. Last January, I started Basics4Bloggers, and since I got pregnant, it’s has been sadly neglected. I love helping others get their start in blogging, however, so I want to put some of my blogging focus on that site in the new year. I hope to release 1-2 ebooks or courses on the topic as well.
4. Get even better with organization. I improved on this during this year, but I still need to work on my organizational skills. My email needs to be cleaned out toward the end of this year, and new spreadsheets and documents need to be created that will help me meet this goal in 2014.
Life Goals for 2014
1. Reach my ultimate goal weight. I was doing great with my weight loss in 2013, but then it went on hold when I got pregnant. Once I get the green light to exercise in January, James and I will be getting back on track with healthy eating and working out. I’m doing it all at home, as we just cancelled our gym memberships a couple months ago. We are starting a “healthy parent” blog to track our progress.
2. Reduce as much debt as possible. I am still deciding if we want to set a dollar amount, but the debt we have NEEDS to go! Once the holiday season is over, we are cutting back heavily on spending. James and I are also going to work together on a debt/family finance blog to document that journey.
3. Work less, live more. In 2014, I will have a husband and TWO kids that want/need my attention. I am going to work on scheduling my time the computer so that I can give them more of me. This year, I spent too much time on my phone, iPad, or laptop, telling my 3 year old, “wait a minute, Mommy’s working” way more than I should. Working smarter – not harder – is the goal for the new year. The plan is to hire a VA or outsource some of the “busy work” that comes with being a blogger.
Now, it’s your turn.
What are your goals for 2014?